-Lightfoot's first public performance
of the decade/year is at Hugh's Room in Toronto at the now annual "The
Way We Feel" tribute evening. He played I'll Tag Along, Restless and
Let It Ride and joined in on The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald.
-In February, Lightfoot is the
featured artist during a Canadian Songwriting Hall Of Fame evening of
song in Toronto appropriately titled "If You Could Read My Mind". (Read
- In February, Canwest news reports that Lightfoot has died. The
rumours are quickly put to rest as Lightfoot goes on radio in Toronto
to tell a relieved public that he is fine. (Read
- Also in February, Lightfoot makes an appearance at the Good Brothers'
CD launch at Hugh's Room in Toronto.
- In March, Lightfoot kicks off his touring year in Winston-Salem, NC
- Also in March, in light of Edmund Fitzgerald research which proves
that the hatchways were not at fault, Lightfoot changes line from "At 7
PM, a main hatchway caved in" to "At 7 PM, it grew dark, it was then"
future performances. (Read
- In July, it is announced that Lightfoot will perform on Late Night
With David Letterman on October 8th. The appearance was later
- In August, tickets go on sale for Massey Hall Ontario tour for spring
of 2011. (Read
- In September, Lightfoot
attends a screening of the documentary, Forces Of Nature, about the
life and work of David Suzuki, at a "Green Carpet" event in Toronto.
-Lightfoot's first public performance
of the year is at Hugh's Room in Toronto at the now annual "The
Way We Feel" tribute evening. He played Knotty Pine, All The Lovely
Ladies and East Of Midnight.
- Lightfoot attends
and performs at a benefit in Toronto for ORNGE, the medical
transportation service that helicoptered him to hospital in Hamilton,
in 2002 when he fell ill.
- Terry Clements, Lightfoot's unsurpassed lead guitarist for 40 years,
passed away in February. His contributions to the Lightfoot sound, on
recordings and on stage is immeasurable. (Read
- Lightfoot announces in February his Canadian fall tour schedule. (Read
- Lightfoot kicks off the 2011 touring year in South Carolina in March.
- In May, Lightfoot is honoured with the Heart And Vision award from
the United Church of Canada.
- Yet another triumphant four night run at Massey Hall is completed in
May, with Lightfoot's concert total topping 175 for his career at the
- In June, Lightfoot is again at Massey Hall, this time attending a Ron
- In November, Lightfoot receives his nomination for the Songwriter's
Hall Of Fame in New York. (Read
- David Rea, who played lead guitar on Lightfoot's 1966 debut album,
passes away in November.
- In November, Lightfoot visits the Occupy Toronto protest site.
- Also In November, Lightfoot performs at the Holland Bloorview Kids
Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation Fundraiser in Toronto.
- In December, Lightfoot wraps up another busy touring year at the
Stratford Theatre in Stratford, Ontario.
- Lightfoot by the Sheraton Center in December to sign a T-shirt for
auction to help the Toronto food drive.
- In mid-January,
Lightfoot kicks off
another touring year at Symphony Hall in Atlanta, GA.
- In February, Lightfoot receives the Diamond Jubilee Medal
as part of
the Queen's Commonwealth 60th anniversary celebrations.
- In February, it is officially announced that Lightfoot
inducted into the US Songwriters Hall Of Fame in June. (Read
- In February, Warner Bros/Rhino Records announce the
Massey Hall Live album due April 17. (Read
- In April, in conjuction with the release of All Live,
a CD launch and signing at Indigo bookstore in Toronto.
- In June, Lightfoot receives
his Songwriters Hall Of Fame induction in
New York. He performs If You Could Read My Mind. (Read
- Lightfoot kicks off a brief Ontario tour in June, with a
side trip to
- Also in June, Lightfoot is honoured, and performs
Jubilee Gala recognizing exceptional Canadians at Roy Thomson Hall in
- In July, Lightfoot surprised the crowd at Mariposa in
he was in attendance and he performed Restless and Ring Them Bells.
- In August, Lightfoot attends a tribute to him by the
Players, a puppet group, at their Dine And Dream Theatre in Toronto.
- In August, Lightfoot bassist from 1965-1969, John
away. He also recorded at times with Lightfoot in the 70's, including
on the Sundown track. (Read
- In October, Bob Dylan covers "Shadows" at concert in
- In October, Lightfoot announces his "50 Years On The
Tour" upcoming in 2013. (Read
- Also in October, Lightfoot enters the Twitter world
- In November, Lightfoot returns to his hometown
two benefit concerts. (Read
Lightfoot complets another successful 4 night run at
Massey Hall in
- Also in November, Lightfoot attends the SOCAN awards in
- Completing a busy month of November, Lightfoot performs a
Canadian Railroad Trilogy at the halftime show of the 100th Grey Cup in
- In December, Lightfoot performs at a benefit fundraiser
for Renascent Foundation at Glenn
- In February, Lightfoot attends a
Q&A session at St. Paul's United church in Orillia, ON. A reception
to meet Lightfoot followed.
- In March, the 50 Years On The Carefree Highway tour kicks off in
- In March, Lightfoot appears on the Late Night With Jimmy Fallon Show
in New York.
- In April, on record day, Sit Down Young Stranger is released on vinyl
in its original format with no name or title on the cover.
In June, Lightfoot's recent album All Live is released on vinyl.